Light-weight for a Much better Globe: A Celebration of U.S. Innovation
“Many distinguished speakers like two Nobel Prize winners spoke about their do the job on mild-dependent technologies in an event held at the Nationwide Academy of Sciences on September 12, 2015. Look at the full video clip here! Highlighted speakers involved:
• Eric Betzig, Howard Hughes Health-related Institute, 2014 Nobel Prize Winner
• France Córdova, Nationwide Science Foundation Director
• Gerald Duffy, GE Lights Manager
• Michael Liehr, Intention Photonics CEO
• Shuji Nakamura, University of California Santa Barbara, 2014 Nobel Prize Winner
The event was part of the 2015 Global Year of Light-weight as proclaimed by the United Nations. It was organized by the Nationwide Science Foundation (NSF) in conjunction with the Nationwide Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medication, the American Institute of Physics, the American Actual physical Society, the IEEE Photonics Society, the Optical Society, and the Global Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE).
“ Likes: Considered: 5 resource
This Nobel Prize Video Website was created by Mike P, whose interests are ethics, and science education. He taught chemistry, physics, and general science at the college level for 38 years. Since retirement, he has established this website that examines the prize and its winners as well as current events from a science and research perspective.